There has never been a better time to give back to your community! Ampact (home of Reading Corps, Math Corps, Opportunity Corps and Recovery Corps) has 14 opportunities for Longfellow residents to serve with AmeriCorps and make an impact in their neighborhood. Through AmeriCorps you can:
- Tackle the achievement gap by working to help students build skills and confidence
- Work to bridge the opportunity gap by helping individuals find and keep good-paying jobs
- Support those in recovery as they chart a new course in the community
Choose to serve 18, 25, 35 or 40 hours a week. While serving, members receive great perks like a stipend every two weeks, additional funds for housing assistance and up to $4,200 for college tuition or loans. Health insurance is available at no cost to members serving full-time (35+ hours a week) and childcare assistance is available to eligible families.
Current opportunities in Longfellow include the following sites:
- Anishinabe: Preschool Literacy Tutor
- Anne Sullivan: Preschool Literacy Tutor; K3 Scholar Coach
- Dowling School: Reading Tutor; Math Tutor
- Hiawatha Community School Hiawatha Campus: Reading Tutor
- Longfellow Alternative High School: Preschool Literacy Tutor
- Universal Academy Charter School: Reading Tutor
- CAPI USA: Opportunity Navigator
To be part of meeting critical needs in Longfellow, visit the links above, email [email protected] or call 866-859-
Want great stories like this delivered to your inbox?
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter for Alumni and Friends.