Privacy Notice – Reading & Math, Inc.
“Identifying Information” is information that can be used to identify a particular program, member, and/or alumnus: name, contact information (such as: email, mailing address, and phone number), photograph, likeness, or statements attributed to a specific program, service site, member, and/or alumnus. The following policy defines the guidelines for using Identifying Information.
Why We Collect Your Information
We collect Identifying Information and other information in order to administer our programs. The information you provide will be used for that purpose. We do not sell the information collected at this site or any other information we collect.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs and to facilitate the promotion of our site through ads. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies don’t allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
How We Use Your Information
- Recruitment – Applicant contact information may be shared with our formal partners in national service to amplify local service options and increase service participation rates across the state by connecting applicants to additional AmeriCorps opportunities.
- Publicity – Identifying information for members and alumni may be used in newspapers, television, publications, radio, and/or in any other print, electronic, or web-based publicity materials. The program will obtain written approval from members or alumni before using and/or sharing “identifying information” (defined above) or attributed statements. Though for statements entered into the Great Stories section of OnCorps, approval is presumed. If the member is under 18 years of age at time of publication, written consent of the parent or legal guardian will also be secured. Member and alumnus statements or quotations that are provided anonymously and/or published anonymously do not need to be approved by the member/alumnus. The member must select on the Authorization and Certification page whether or not they grant permission to use identifying information under the terms of this policy.
Sharing Your Information
Identifying Information of applicants, members, and alumni may be shared with our affiliates in the State in which you served or expressed interest in serving as an AmeriCorps member. Alumni must update subscription preferences to be removed from the list which is shared with the program’s affiliates. Affiliates may include the State Commission and other AmeriCorps partners.
We also share Identifying Information with our business partners in order to provide services to members (i.e. health insurance, payroll, etc.).
Reading and Math Inc. does not share data outside of the above mentioned relationships and only shares the data as specified below.
Information We Collect
The following list shows the data collected and it’s shared status:
- First & Last Name
- Email Address
- Application Status of Employee/MemberApplicants
- Demographics (Race, Gender, and Age) — Shared in aggregate
- Optional College Data — Shared in aggregate
- Language Fluency — Not shared
- Source of application — Not shared
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is transmitted to us in a secure way. We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to Identifying Information. The computers and servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Be aware it’s impossible for any site to promise immunity from malicious attacks and possible compromise; as such, understand that transmissions of personal data is always at your own risk.
This site contains some links to sites outside of Reading and Math Inc.’s network and control. Reading and Math Inc. is not responsible for the security of these sites and does not perform any inspection of the security measures these sites employ.
Data on this site is stored in the United States of America and is subject to US law no matter where the data originated.